Sunday, June 12, 2011

Peer Interview - Victoria Smith

Victoria Smith, 16, may have followed in the rest of her family's footsteps by attending Frankfort High School, but she will take another step and become the first in her family to attend college to major in journalism and mass communications. The junior has lived in Frankfort, Ky., her whole life, but loves traveling.

"I have been almost everywhere along the East Coast, although I would love to travel out of the country," she said. "I'm interested in Hispanic cultures, so I would prefer to travel to South America."

At Frankfort High School, Victoria participates in basketball and softball. She says that she has decided to take up archery, as well. "I want to try something different," Smith said.
Victoria developed a love for writing at an early age. She wrote imaginative stories starting at the age of 5, but as she grew older, she began to write her personal thoughts because writing makes her feel better.

Victoria's love for writing turned into an interest in journalism because attending a previous journalism camp at the University of Kentucky gave her experience in the field.

"I wasn't really interested in journalism, but after attending the camp," she said. "I thought, 'Hey, I might like this.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment